Part of living your RICH Life is appreciating where your body is right now. In this special interview, we have Megan Dowd with us. Her vibrant energy & information will really be something special for you!
Speak the Lingo:
Today’s Leadership Lingo Term: Self-Care
“Self-care is a very active and powerful choice to engage in the activities that are required to gain or maintain an optimal level of overall health. And in this case, overall health includes not just the physical, but the psychological, emotional, social, and spiritual components of an individual’s well-being.”
- Physical Self-Care: Sleep, Counting calories, Exercise
- Psychological Self-Care: Avoiding negative self-talk, prescriptions,
- Emotional Self-Care: Dealing with emotions, grieving, depression, anxiety
- Social Self-Care: Be with those you love.Talking through conflict, addressing emotional needs of others
- Spiritual Self-Care: Faith and meaning in life, meditation, walks,
We all need to make self-care a priority. As women we can set the standard to
I’m excited to share with you our interview with Megan Dowd.
Megan Dowd is a STOTT PILATES Certified Instructor in Matwork and Reformer, Levels 1 & 2, which means she’s spent a lot of time in both the classroom AND studio to learn how to adapt this work to all bodies. Bodies are weird, wonderful, and AMAZING – yours included – and her work centers around helping you feel greater control and grace in your body RIGHT NOW. She loves to cook (and eat), bakes when she gets stressed out, and regularly goes for walks in the historic graveyard near her apartment (to be clear, there are miles of walking paths so she’s not just wandering the headstones…).
On this episode, our special guest, Megan Dowd, speaks on the importance of Mind-Body connection, appreciating yourself now, and the power of self-care. We discuss:
- Mind-Body Connection and how it matters to us.
- Love your body. You may look to a body coach.
- Your muscles store emotional memory.
- Fitness instructors struggle too.
- Little things that make a power impact on your life.
- Embrace the evolution.
Megan is ready to show you how to do 3 Stretches in Bed! Go to https://www.megandowdpilates.com/thinkenriched to get it.
As a bonus, Megan is offering you a 25% discount on your first session!
Find Megan online: https://www.megandowdpilates.com/
Start Your Own Podcast
Did you know you can start your own podcast and get 2 free months of hosting??
Go to libsyn.com/amy for your discount code.