You hear people saying all the time, “I invented that product!”
Or, “I should have started this business a few years ago…”
Don’t be that person. Listen to the podcast by clicking above.
Here are the show notes.
Get that in your purse:
Check out the CreativeMarket.
This site easily helps you find creative assets, think graphics, template designs, fonts, logos, even photos, as you are setting up your business. They send you free assets each Monday that you can use in your business.
Speak the Lingo:
Today’s Leadership Lingo Term: Achiever
I just did the StrengthsFinder test. One of my top strengths, Achiever, has been on my mind all week.
It’s great to be an achiever. Most women I spend time with are achieving high-ended goals and completing their own list of tasks daily. What about over achievers?
Habits of Excellence:
I use a Passion Planner, we’ve talked about this. You get a discount using code AROBLES10 when you order yours (through January 2017.)
However, I can still get lost in the distraction of the time chunks.
This week’s Habit of Excellence: StoryBrand Productivity Schedule
Released January 2nd… this has been revolutionary for me. Here’s why:
- Think of my day in reverse.
- Assigning tasks rather that time.
- My life theme.
This one tiny habit has helped me get to that deep sleep faster.
How to know if your business idea is a good one.
- Research Amazon/ Google
- Ask specific questions to potential clients/ customers
- Look at prototypes/ move toward an offering.
- Consider funding, manufacturing, etc. Write the plan down on paper.
- Determine company name, set up a website, check social media names, brand colors
- Take out a loan for the “business idea”
- Order business cards
- Tell everyone at the family reunion that you started a business
- Publish your website…yet
These first few steps are how you’ll be able to determine business concept.
Take the first few ideas for your business concept, send them to me, email@example.com for honest feedback.