This guy gets it.
We talk about:
- Waves of Tech, part of Modern Life Podcast Network
- Dave & Steve’s integrity really shines through! We talk about their public discussion of the award show that was in poor taste.
- You control your own identity & reputation. Make sure you are choosing wisely and are sending out the message that you want to be known.
- His credit card debt was up to $14,000.
- He studies personal finance continuously, why? To keep himself honest.
- “I’m just fed up with not having the money that I earn in my bank account.”
- How he did the envelope system: Every Monday he walked into the credit union and paid cash for his payments and walked out with a receipt.
- “It’s called personal finance for a reason!”
- Ask yourself these 3 questions on every payment you make:
- Can I live with this payment?
- Can I live without this item?
- Can I make the payment lower?
- He went to the local credit union every week, paid off the payments in cash to see the cash be paid off.
- “I’m a pretty quiet person. But to be successful in this, I had to talk about this to everybody.”
- People all around him in the workplace got involved helping him get out of debt. They
- Someone told him, “You spend lots of time on money.” His response, “Yup. If I spend my time & effort on a weekly basis on money, that’s time well spent.”
- “Don’t cheat yourself. Treat yourself.”
- “It’s a good feeling to wake and know, I don’t have any debt.”
- Compare items on an hourly rate. Is it worth it to work an extra 6 weeks of the year for this item?
- How he walked his younger sister through this process.
- Having the first conversation is the toughest.
- Listing it out is the most crucial. Do you have an accountability partner?
- People learn about personal finance in different ways. The key is to find what works for you. I made it as tangible as possible.
- Talking about money in his relationship.
- “90% of finances is your mindset.” Changing behavior & perspective on what financial freedom means.
- [clickToTweet tweet=””90% of finances is your mindset.”” quote=”90% of finances is your mindset. via @rollerderbydave @itsamyrobles”]
- You can always talk yourself into something, just like you can talk yourself out of something.
- His plan is set to retire in 20 years
- International Podcast Day: started in 2014, trending on Twitter
- This year, Sept 30th, had 30+ hours of video streaming in 11 different hours
- “The power of podcasting,” is making a difference in the lives of others
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Think Enriched Virtual Tip Jar
- Dave Lee
- Steve Lee
- Waves of Tech
- Modern Life Podcast Network
- Steve Stewart
- Episode: Money & Marriage in our Home
- International Podcast Day
- IntlPodcastDay on Twitter
You’ve heard of the Think Enriched Crew, but are you in yet?
You can win 1 of 3 copies to be given away of <a title=”Gallup Strengths Finder 2.0″ href=”StrengthsFinder 2.0“>Gallup Strengths Finder 2.0.
- Give the show a RATING & REVIEW.
- That’s it! You are now entered to win 1 of 3 copies being given away (just in time for the holidays.)
Don’t forget to join me & Steve Stewart on BLAB next week:
BLAB Session: November 18, 7pm, Pacific