Listen to the episode
How to Get Your Customers Speaking About You.
Be the tour guide. Remember that funny scene in Toy Story?
Tour Guide Barbie drives them through the experience.
1. Show them what to do next.
Don’t assume they know. (Don’t give them a fish!) Think of our discussion on the last the sales episode. Focus on the relationship. Thank them directly. Tell them, “Great! Do this next…” Take them to the next step, add the link so they can follow your process.
2. Need a testimonial or review? You guide them through it.
- When your customers send you an email with some great feedback, ask if you can share it.
- When they tell you in person, ask if you can write that down and they can add their insights.
- You can write a testimonial and ask if they would be willing to endorse you.
- Ask customers to leave a review on Yelp. Or your Facebook page.
- The caveat: Only ask for one request. Too many requests and what happens? Nothing.
3. End every communication with Calls to Action (CTAs).
- As the tour guide on this sweet experience for your customer journey.
- Walk them through the maze of customer service.
- Example? Trying to pay the electric bill here is completely different experience from paying the cell phone bill.
- Say, for example, “Now, click on the link and leave a review on iTunes.” You may have to show them how.
Social Media Steps to Get them to Speak More About You
- Ask a question. Tell them to “hit like,” or “Give this a thumbs up if you know what I’m talking about…”
- Ask for exactly what you want. ‘Fill in the blank…”
- If you are on a Facebook live, ask your audience to give you some love (click on those little hearts) then share this recording so others can learn, too.
- On a live recording, tell them the exact words you want them to post below.
- Intrigue your readers on your blog, “Comment below,” or to share this on social media…
Real Life Steps to Take so Customers Speak About You
The process is: See > Serve > Show > Share:
- See: they see me, I see them. We connect.
- Serve: help them somehow. Share some insight. Show your personal touch. Tell them why.
- Show: Show them how. Take their phone, open the podcast app, subscribe them to the show. (Note: I actually did this with some women at jury duty last week. This works!)
- Share: Ask them to share it with someone who would love this. (People don’t enjoy buying what they NEED, they enjoy buying what they WANT.)
So, How Do You Quickly Get Started Sales Funnel and Share Your SASS?
Take one step and start moving forward. Next time I’m going to show you how to do even more and get your customers to start talking about you. You have big work to do. I love showing you how to simplify the steps so you are working smarter instead of harder.
Tell me in the comments below, how do you plan to implement your sales funnel?