Here’s What to Expect from Others.
This week I’ll share with you the real
difference between passion and desire;what that Disneyland kid taught me; how you should prepare for the reaction of those around you when you absolutely know you have to do it.
Speak the Lingo
Today’s Leadership Lingo Term: Desire vs. Passion We often hear people use the term passion when really they just desire something. Desire comes and goes. Passion doesn’t let go. “Passion is energy. Feel the power that comes from focusing on what excites you.” –Oprah Winfrey
“You can’t fake passion.” –Barbara Corcoran
Everyone has that one thing they’ve been talking about doing. Some of us know people who never take the steps to make their dream come to fruition. On my email list, yes, I email them every day, we have been working through some kinks the month of April to make these people’s ideas become profitable business ideas.
When you absolutely know you have to do it. I share with you what I learned from the Disneyland kid. What you need to know about the phases other people go through trying to accept/understand your “crazy dream…”
They’ll say to you things like, (Each one of these a phase the people you love go through to accept the “new you” and your passion/project/big dream.)
- “This is so weird.” They don’t understand. It’s awful.
- “What? Are you serious about this?” They are kind of intrigued. They half-mock/half-listen.
- “Really? You want to do this?” Now they are interested. They start to listen to you.
- “How does that work?” Now they are entertained. They want to know your story.
- “Why does this matter? Or, Why didn’t I think of that?” They are enchanted. They love what you are doing. They are cheering you on in your journey.
“Don’t die with your music still in you.” — Wayne Dyer
Want a daily email to light you up? Consider it your 5 minutes away, the vitamin B for your soul. Sign up here:
You can now start your own podcast and get your first two months of hosting. Go to libsyn.com/amy for your discount code. Let’s connect! Follow in social media: Facebook, Instagram.