The 80/20 rule has impacted businesses, financial growth and organizations around the globe. That is, that 80% of your revenue comes from 20% of your work force. When you focus on what’s working you have even more success in business. But what about your daily life?
Have you considered how the 80/20 rule works in your life? Are you spending your money in the way you want? And, perhaps more importantly, are you spending your time with the people you want?
Let’s evaluate the 80/20 rule in our own lives.
In this podcast episode we discuss:
- The Pareto Principle, or the 80/20 rule.
- Defining the 20/30/50 rule.
- 50% of your income goes to the fixed costs: rent, utilities, food (groceries), and clothes
- 20% goes to the future costs: pay off debt, investments, savings, emergency fund and retirement.
- 30% fun costs: (lifestyle) cell phone, cable, internet, movie nights, date nights, gym memberships, travel
- February’s challenge is about relationships. The way we build relationships is shown by how we spend our time.
- 80% of our time is spent with people you have to spend time with (co-workers, classmates)
- 20% of our time is spent with people you choose to spend time with (how are we showing our loved ones)
- How are you spending 20%of your time that you want to spend time with?
How do you Think Enriched
- What does it mean to Think Enriched? It’s not all puppy dogs and rainbows.
- To Think Enriched is not naive positivity. It is not blind faith.
- Find ways to spend just 10% focusing on the problems and challenges that you face regularly and 90% of the time figuring out solutions.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Jon Stolpe: the 7 Week Stretch Challenge
- Pauline Stockhausen, find her episode here.
- Ray Edwards: Just Get Started: Tips For Starting, Running, & Growing Your Online Business
You know about the Think Enriched Crew, but are you in yet?
Have a question. Send me an email: email@example.com.